Using remote computer and file sharing technologies Sheridan support technicians are able to (with your permission) take control over your computer desktop as if they were sitting in front of it and provide remote IT support services – wherever you are.
By utilising remote IT support technologies, Sheridan technicians are able to establish a remote connection to your desktop computer or laptop. Once a remote connection is established, Sheridan technicians are able to diagnose and repair and software issues as if they were sitting right there with you.
Around 80% of support issues are resolved by our technicians every day.
The Process of Remote IT Support
Remote IT support requests can be initiated via telephone or through our
live support system. Sheridan Computers use an industry leading
secure support client called TeamViewer.
- We take a credit/debit card
- A technician will instruct you to download our customised TeamViewer client from our website
- You run the remote support client and give our technician the session ID
- Our technicians can then remotely connect to your PC to see your desktop and resolve any issues
- Once work is complete, we confirm everything is working, and take payment.
As soon as a technician has control of they’re then able to install any software updates, check for and
remove any viruses or malicious software or install software for you.
You are able to see everything our technicians are doing on your screen – at ALL times.